Athletic Officials I-IV (Temporary/Seasonal Part-Time)
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
PLEASE NOTE: Mozilla Firefox® is the preferred Browser, version 3.5 and later
|Posting Title||Athletic Officials I-IV (Temporary/Seasonal Part-Time)|
|Job Requisition Number||COA076138|
|Division Name||Parks & Recreation|
This Athletic Official position will be filled at one of the following based on qualifications:
Athletic Official I (Salary: $14.50 per hour)
Athletic Official II (Salary: $15.50 per hour)
Athletic Official III (Salary: $18.50 per hour)
|Notes to Applicants||
The Athletic Official is a temporary/seasonal staff positions scheduled to work between 20 and 40 hours per week in various City of Austin Recreation Centers and at Krieg Multi-Purpose Field
• The positions will officiate Youth and Adult Sport Leagues
• Tasks involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying or using a force equal to lifting up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
• Tolerate loud noise associated with enthusiasm and excitement.
• Must be physically and mentally able to communicate, respond and work with participants needs and safety issues; and adapt to a variety of conditions such as daily walking, standing, kneeling, stooping, running, bending, and stretching.
• Work outdoors in any and all types of weather and/or inclement conditions; and in confined spaces.
• Must have CPR/AED and First Aid certifications within thirty (30) days of hire date.
Resume will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
• Detailed, complete Employment Application is required to help better evaluate the applicant’s qualifications – minimum and preferred as noted on the job posting.
$14.50 – $18.50
Variable – 20 and 40 hours per week
• Monday through Fridays: 6pm – 10pm; and Saturday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
• Programming hours vary at each worksite.
• May be required to work during special events and programming needs
|Job Close Date ||03/31/2017|
|Type of Posting||External|
|Department||Parks & Recreation|
|Regular/Temporary||Temporary (No benefits)|
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position||Not Applicable|
|Location||Various Recreation Centers/Krieg Multi-Purpose Field|
Preferred experience in the following:
• Experience officiating in the following athletic activities:
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities||
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities – Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities||
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
|Does this job require a criminal background investigation?||This position does not require a criminal background investigation|
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
|Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within||the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
This position requires that you be at least 16 years of age with at least 3 months experience officiating athletic events/activities. Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position?
The position requires CPR/AED and First Aid certifications. Will you be able to obtain these certifications within 30 days of hire?
If selected as top candidate, do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation?
Have you previously worked for the City of Austin, Parks and Recreation Department? If yes, please indicate dates, work unit/section and position held at the Parks and Recreation Department.
(Open Ended Question)
Please select that answer that best describes your experience officiating athletic events/activities.
- I do not have any experience.
- I have 1 - 12 months experience officiating athletic events/activities.
- I have 1 - 2 years experience officiating athletic events/activities.
- I have 2 - 4 years experience officiating athletic events/activities.
- I have more than 4 years of experience officiating athletic events/activities.
Please describe your officiating experiences and/or background?
(Open Ended Question)
Which sports have you officiated?
- Flag Football
- Sand Volleyball
- Ultimate Frisbee
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter